Maria's Reviews > Black Swan Rising

Black Swan Rising by Lee  Carroll

Sep 13, 2011

bookshelves: fae, magic, vampires
Read from September 11 to 13, 2011

I think I’m truly blessed because I found this book! I love reading urban fantasy books but this is something very different from what I’ve read so far! “Black Swan Rising” by Lee Carroll is the kind of book that makes you feel special! The excellent writing of the authors (Carol Goodman and her husband Lee Slonimsky) made me thing that I was there, in the world that they’ve created. It’s a dark and mysterious world and the atmosphere in the book is what a great book MUST have!

A very interesting plot and so well written that I wanted to be part of it! The story is about Garet, a gallery owner and jewellery designer. From the beginning of the book we understand that she and her father have many financial problems and she was desperate. While she walks in the rain she finds shelter in a weird shop and there she accepts to open a silver box. But then strange things begin to happen. A new world opens in front of her and she learns the truth about her heritage.

The world of the fairy tales isn’t a world of fantasy but the truth and every creature of her imagination is also real!

Garet is a great woman. She was raised by two wonderful parents in a artistic environment but she lost her beloved mother when she was only sixteen. Her father is an old man because he was old when he became a dad. She loves him very much and she’s doing her best to make him happy and safe. She’s very brave and she understands what she has to do for the greater good of the world. Garet is a woman loved by almost everyone because she has a great character.

Will is a vampire and what we can call, her destiny. They found each other over the centuries but now is different. He’s sexy and we can’t call him “good guy”. It’s obvious that he has feelings for Garet but he has his own agenda. I find him a very interesting character and the only thing I didn’t like was the VERY VERY VERY short love scene between Will and Garet in the book!

But all the secondary characters are also great! Her father, his best friend, her best friends, Lol and all the others are excellent choices for this story! This book has both great plot and characters and I recommend it to all!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Swan Rising.

09/11/2011
18.0% "So mysterious...such an atmosphere...I love it so far!"
09/12/2011