The Biblio Fairy's Reviews > Within the Shadows

Sep 16, 11

Read from September 01 to 04, 2011

Full review at The Fairytale Nerd

LOVE:
This book is very dark, very twisted. It's filled with deception, sex, and betrayal. Julieanne did not sugarcoat anything in this story. I believe that's what makes this story beautiful.

NO LOVE:
I felt like the entire book was a very long introduction of the story. It took a while for me to fully understand the sick and twisted world that Giselle entered. There were just so many dark things happening to her. And by the time I was getting the story, I was already near the ending! I guess I would just have to wait for the sequel to know what happens to Giselle.

FAVORITE CHARACTER:
Antoine. Although he is a minor character in this book, I felt that there will be more of him in the sequel. I love that he is sarcastic, and loves to get on Giselle's nerves. However, I feel that he is the only one who truly cares for Giselle.

FAVORITE LINE:
“Oh great, a vampire with morals,” I shouted.
MUSINGS:
Although the protagonist in this book is a teen, this book is not for younger teenagers. It contains domestic violence, incestuous conduct** and a little detail on the sex scenes.

** It is quite important to note that there are different meanings of incest in different jurisdictions. In some jurisdictions, incest is marriage or sexual relations between persons related by consanguinity (by blood) or by affinity (by marriage). In other societies, it is not limited to blood relatives alone, as it may extend to in-laws and adoptive relationships.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Within the Shadows.

Julieanne Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It has made me smile constantly. Major KUDOS to you :)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen I thought Id might read this but the "I" word is a bit offputting to me. How does it appear in this book? Being related by blood is what this term is best applied to in my opinion.