Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > Small Town Sinners

Small Town Sinners by Melissa C. Walker

Sep 01, 2011

it was ok
Read from September 01 to 02, 2011

This book was Sarah Dessen meets Christian Fiction (and I don't mean that in a good way). The overall concept of the book had some real potential. Lacy Anne is a preacher's kid brought up in a "stereotypical" christian home. She has always adopted her parent's beliefs as her own without question. Now enters hot new love interest. Before long, he has Lacy Anne asking herself what does she believe; she's finally forced to think for herself. For the first time ever, her eyes are opened to the hypocrasy that has constantly surrounded her.

Good solid theme right? For me, the good ended there. The author builds you up throughout the book with page after page of drama, drama, and more drama. In the end, I found it very anticlimatic. I was very disappointed how the author wrote the small town christian community; it was way too cliche'.

For some readers, the constant drama will completely suck them in. For me, not so much. I never quite connected with the story or the characters. It just wasn't for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Town Sinners.