Gina's Reviews > Cutting Loose

Cutting Loose by Tara Janzen

Apr 17, 08

Read in February, 2008

Another action packed, thrilling ride by Janzen!

I can't believe how she does it. She manages to combine all of my favourite things, hot, torqued-up muscle cars (my fave will always be Superman's 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi in Sublime Green (my parents own a 1973 Dodge Challenger Rally R/T in yellow with white leather seats), lots of action, steamy love scenes, complex characters and two points to the story - a) the 'why's-everybody-after-the-good-guys' point and b) the 'gorgeous-hunk-of-muscle-overcoming-his-past-and-falling-in-love-with-the-girl-whether-they-like-it-or-not' point.

Originally, you felt the attraction between Lily and Zack in Janzen's last novel, On The Loose (Book #7), only she knew him as Alejandro Campos, drug lord. It may have sort of been the truth, but for a point. Deep cover for the CIA is Zack's forte. Lily may be a schoolteacher, but she's far from naive, thanks to her Montana sherriff daddy. The pair was thrown together and I'm glad they fell hard for each other. After everything, they deserved their happy ending.

Great, well played out action scenes that get your heart pumping, terrific love scenes that leave you breathless and hot under the collar. Can't ask for better. I just wish I didn't have to wait until November 2008 for the ninth book, Loose and Easy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cutting Loose.