Katie Price's Reviews > Outlander

5208194
Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: historical-fiction
Read from September 01, 2011 to February 05, 2012

This book was not what I expected. I blame e-books and my own stupidity. If I had actually been at Barnes & Noble browsing for books there is no way I would have picked this one up on my own. Instead, I went off of what someone had said and because it was an e-book I didn't get to read the back (and was too lazy to google it).

The other deceptive thing about reading this book on an e-reader was the length. I guess I just didn't have a good feel for what 1400 pages on my iPad would actually be. I thought it sounded long, but figured it was probably just because the pages are smaller. I was thinking maybe an equivalent to half? Let me tell you, I was wrong, and it was long.

Let's talk about the actual book. I have no problem with historical fiction or fantasy, or even the two mixed together. That part didn't bug me. What bugged me were the scottish accents, written in words like "acht" or "ken." Drove me nuts! As did the cheesy love scenes. The scenes of graphic beatings were a different beast though. I cringed inside and they were hard for me to read.

I will say that the book did keep me up several nights because I just couldn't put it down. There are 6 books in this series, and I might read the next one but I want to read something a little lighter first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outlander.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessica Love this review. I loved this book but could never make if through Another. I love the characters so much but I just wish the author made it a little easier on the reader. Does that make me lazy? Lol

Katie Price Just re-read my review.. maybe I was a little harsh? haha.. it wasn't that bad. But it was certainly longer than I expected! At this point, I don't think I will go back to finish the series :/