Art's Reviews > American Gods

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Feb 11, 2012

bookshelves: 5-star-reads, favorites, books-on-padd
Read from February 01 to 11, 2012

Gaiman paints a fiction with this book that in my opinion, is hard pressed to be equalled. This book passes through many real places in America that I visited and even some I live by. This allowed me an extra closeness to the book. Shadow and Wednesday are the two central characters in this ensemble cast of characters. One of the main struggles in the book involves the forgotten gods in all of America at one point or another. The other is Shadow trying to find his way in America underneath unique circumstances. Gaiman explores in American Gods such topics as life, death, belief, and American culture in a skewed but eye opening way. Warning this bok will provoke thought! Gaiman tries to in certain ways have the reader at least look at his own beliefs; while making America more than the sum of it's widely believed and publicized parts. Gaiman left me wanting more! Which is why this book got 5 stars and became a book at the top of my favorites list that I'll talk about and remember forever!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Gods.