Lauren's Reviews > The Eleventh Plague

it was ok
bookshelves: dystopian-utopia

Dystopian novel.
About 3-5 cuss words.
1 incident of "underage" drinking. (Since America is basically destroy I don't think law stayed).
Multicultural representation (kind of).
Value of baseball.
Young generation (12-15), adults, and older people.
Creative story.

People have different styles so there are a lot of people who will like this more. First of all I'd like to mention really enjoyed reading about the adults. In young adult anything many of the parents/adults are dumb, agressive, and don't provided security some parents give off. But this story had a wide range and I liked it (list of adults: Stephen's dad, Violet, Marcus, Sam, even Tuttle). Also the way the environment was described if felt like it was set in the woods of Neverland. That was cool.

I thought Jackson was friendly and Derrick was cooky. Jackson was an okay character but it was wired when he tried to be philosophical or a hero...and I didn't like Jenny. I'm not going to list off why but she REALLY wasn't doing it for me. And...*spoiler*...I thought the romantic relationship between Steve and Jenny was awkward and forced*end spoiler*. There really was no need for it.

Maybe I just had high expectations but whatever. It's a pretty quick read so...yeah.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eleventh Plague.