Alice's Reviews > The Awakening

Sep 02, 11

bookshelves: ebooks
Read from September 01 to 02, 2011

Hah. I read this book.

It was actually better than I thought it would be. It was definitely better than Twilight, but y'know, that's saying basically nothing, so I might as well not even make the comparison.

The writing's pretty standard teen fare. The heroine's a decent character, but the vampire she falls in love with is kind of emo and lame. Kudos to L.J. Smith for doing the emo vampire before everyone did, though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.

09/01/2011 page 64
20.0% "Yeah, that's right. I'm reading this."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Irma (new)

Irma And Damon, and Damon? I haven't read the book(s) but I love show!Damon so this is obviously vital information.

Alice Agh! I don't want to like Damon! Stefan is the calculated emo!vampire, which nowadays is not kind towards, and Damon is the bad boy vampire who you know SEKRITLY BENEATH IT ALL can feel things, but it makes me feel manipulated, so I do not want to like him! I am actively trying not to.

That being said, he's not in a ton of the first book, but I think he's going to show up a lot more in the second. And I think I'll start watching the show this weekend.

message 3: by Irma (new)

Irma Ooooh, I'll save my comments (and possible spoilers, especially since the show supposedly isn't very faithful to the books) for later then.
Damon ftw! Everything you say is true, but I actually love the bad boy Damon and I'm great at ignoring his sekrit feelings we see now and then as the series progresses. ;)