Kristi-The Book Faery's Reviews > Crave

Crave by Melissa Darnell

Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: arc-atwt, harlequin, series-to-watch-for, vamps, witches, ya-arc-for-2011, ya-pnr-2011, ya-series
Read from September 01 to 04, 2011

THE FAERYS VIEW

Crave by Melissa Darnell is enchanting! Everything about the book had a unique flavor and I loved the way Ms. Darnell kept the story intriguing page after page making Crave extremely difficult to put down.

Think of all the tragic love stories and tales of star-crossed lovers that you’ve read and you’ll get an idea of what Crave is about. Savannah (Sav) Colbert, an outcast from all of her bestest buds for the past 7 years, has led a lonely life watching the people that were once her friends go on without her. If that weren’t bad enough, most of them have taken it upon themselves to make her life a living hell. All except one, Tristan Coleman, the blonde haired green eyed boy she once ‘married’ under a tree when she was still friends with that crowd.

That crowd is now dubbed ‘The Clann’ by everyone and their parents are all wealthy upstanding members of the community. The Clann kids all hang together and are descendents of witches, powerful witches that run the town. Sav lives with her mom and grandma and only speaks to her very unemotional father on rare occasions. Sav has always felt that her dad disapproved of her, that she wasn’t good enough and that he was embarrassed of her. If you read the book, you’ll see that is the complete opposite of the truth! When Sav becomes ill for over a week with a severe ‘flu’ she awakens quite differently, not only in appearance but in the way people respond to her. Savannah finds out she is a Dhamphir, both a witch and a vampire. An abomination in the Clann’s eyes, dangerous and hated but there’s much more to the story. Things start to get extremely interesting as more and more of the truth of Sav’s life comes out.

One of the best parts of the book is the love that is between Sav and Tristan. It never really stopped from when they were children; it just grew despite the fact that they were forbidden to speak to one another. Tristan was always aware of Sav’s whereabouts and the same with Sav. Watching their relationship blossom, despite the dangers, was thrilling and sweet.

Ms. Darnell has a unique voice and take on different paranormals, I found this refreshing and it added to the ‘difficult to put down’ factor. The story flows well and the characters are well developed. The plot has the expected twists and turns but there were a few I didn’t see coming! I really enjoyed Crave and I can’t wait for the next installment in the series-and by the cliffie Ms. Darnell left us with, there will be another book!

THE FAERY SAYS: YOU SHOULD REALLY READ THIS BOOK!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crave.

09/01/2011 page 198
48.0% "Can't put it down! I like it so far!"