Jennifer's Reviews > The Big Bad Wolf and Me

The Big Bad Wolf and Me by Delphine Perret

F 50x66
Aug 31, 2011

Read in August, 2011

“Big Bad Wolf and Me” by Delphine Perret was such a funny book to read. I really enjoyed reading it because of its simplicity. Based on the cover, it seems like the pictures were simple drawings, which I am a big fan of. The book is about a boy taking in a wolf that doesn’t know how to be a “Big Bad Wolf”, so the little boy takes him under his wing and teaches him how to be himself again. Throughout the journey, there are little mishaps and funny actions that the boy and the wolf portray. I love how the boy and the wolf have their own distinct personalities and when they clash, it shows really well in the book. I am also a fan of the way that the text is styled. It kind of reminded me of a comic book style of reading except with less dramatic pictures. The fonts were different based on who was talking. The majority of the book was complete dialogue but the story was told through the boy’s point of view. The story was also told in chapters and in the beginning of each chapter was a sentence or two about how their progress was about the wolf and the relationship between the boy and the wolf. In the end the wolf became the “Big Bad Wolf” and the boy stayed friends with him.

This book made me laugh and smile so much because I enjoy reading silly books. I think students enjoy that type of genre as well similar to ones like Mo Willems and David Shannon. I also like how it doesn’t need a lot of detailed visual to be really funny. I enjoyed the style of how simple it was with basic colors or lack of. I would read this book to a classroom and to a person one on one. The pictures are kind of small, so it would be hard for students to see but the overall story would be fun to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Big Bad Wolf and Me.