Holly Boyd's Reviews > Winter of the Wolf Moon

Winter of the Wolf Moon by Steve Hamilton

Aug 31, 2011

Read from August 31 to September 04, 2011

This is the 2nd book in the Alex McKnight series. I'm always looking for a good series with characters I like or at least find interesting enough that I want to know more about them. Alex McKnight is a former Detroit police officer that has to give up his job after his partner is killed on the job and he is wounded and ends up with a bullet that is lodged to close to his heart to be removed. The books are set in the Upper Peninsula in Michigan and so far have taken place in the dead of winter. Part of the draw of these books and maybe the way I found them was they were on a list of books to read when it is >100 degrees outside. It was interesting reading about how very cold it was and how difficult it is to deal with that kind of weather. Anyway Alex gets drawn into to being a very reluctant private investigator and becomes involved in murders, kidnappings etc.

This character is not quite as intriguing as Lucas Davenport in the John Sandford "Prey" series but he is interesting and flawed enough to make me continue the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter of the Wolf Moon.