Teresa's Reviews > Walk on the Wild Side

Walk on the Wild Side by Christine Warren

Feb 14, 12

bookshelves: shapeshifters
Read from August 31, 2011 to February 14, 2012, read count: 1

Kitty Sugarman just found out she's a were-lion, courtesy of the father she's never met. Now she's to go to Las Vegas to meet him, but more importantly to learn to control her shifting so she doesn't hurt someone.
Max Stuart is Martin Lowe's (Kitty's biological father)second in command. The baas to his Felix. He's sent to pick Kitty up at the airport and finds her in the restroom in her lioness form with a would-be assassin. Obviously someone doesn't want Kitty to meet Martin. As the story progresses Max begins to realize that Kitty just might be his mate. In between Martin's failing health and more near misses for Kitty though this takes a bit of a back seat.

So I think the best thing about these books is that we get the POVs of the two main characters. I thought it was interesting to see how a lion pack or 'pride' differs from a wolf pack, which is a more common shapeshifter to see. It also took a bit to get into the more intense romance which I thought was a nice deviation from how these sorts of books usually go. Sure there was the attraction and whatnot from both characters, but it was less..abrupt and in your face, it seemed to actually have a bit of build-up. Overall I'd say even though this probably isn't my favorite of Christine Warren's books that I've read, it is a nice addition to her 'Others' series world. I wouldn't mind another one about Kitty and Max, just to chack up and see how they're doing. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk on the Wild Side.

02/12/2012 page 148