Jessica Wimberly's Reviews > The Raven Prince

The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt

Aug 31, 2011

bookshelves: elizabeth-hoyt, hero-had-scars, less-than-perfect-hh, historical-romance, hero-was-gumpy, princes-trilogy
Read from August 31 to October 24, 2011

Back of book

Preview

He swooped in then and devoured her mouth, ravishing her softness, making no allowance for her smaller size, her feminity. She moaned, whether in pain or desire, she could not tell.
"You should have told me that this is what you wanted." He raised his head to gasp. "I would've obliged you."
She seemed incapable of coherent thought, let alone speech.
"You only had to say the word and I could have taken you on my desk in the library, in the carriage with John Coachman up front, or even here in the garden. God knows I could have tumbled you at any time."
His hand dropped to her hips and jerked them into his own.
"This is what you crave. What you traveled all the eay to London for." he whispered against her mouth.

Review:

What I liked:

What I didn't Like

“Do you think 'Duke' is a good name?' she asked.

His face blanked for a second before it cleared. He glanced at the dog in consideration. 'I don't think so. He would outrank me.”

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven Prince.

Quotes Jessica Liked

Elizabeth Hoyt
“A smile flickered across Coral’s face. “Have you ever noticed that once you have had a taste of certain sweets—raspberry trifle is my own despair—it is quite impossible not to think, not to want, not to crave until you have taken another bite?”

“Lord Swartingham is not a raspberry trifle.”

“No, more of a dark chocolate mousse, I should think,” Coral murmured.

“And,” Anna continued as if she hadn’t heard the interruption, “I don’t need another bite, uh,night of him.”

Elizabeth Hoyt
“He looked up. “Is it time already?” She nodded.

He rose and waited as she gathered her things. The dog followed them out the door, but then he bounded down the stairs to the drive. The animal sniffed intently at something on the ground and then rolled, happily rubbing his head and neck in whatever it was.

Lord Swartingham sighed. “I’ll have one of the stable boys wash him before he enters the Abbey again.”

“Mmm,” Anna murmured thoughtfully. “What do you think of ‘Adonis’?”

He gave her a look so full of incredulous horror that she was hard-pressed not to laugh. “No, I suppose not,” she murmured.”

Elizabeth Hoyt
“Do you think 'Duke' is a good name?' she asked.

06/02/2016 marked as: read