The TBR Pile *Book review site*'s Reviews > The Virgin Proxy

The Virgin Proxy by Georgia Fox

Oct 20, 11

Read in October, 2011

Enter Contest Here: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

There is something to be said for a opinionate wench, especially in a historical romance. Deorwynn is no simpering woman to obey the commands of a man, while as a woman she may not have a lot of choices she has enough and she’ll make them work for her. She never whines about her fate but instead takes what fate gives her and enjoys her life to the best of her ability.

Guy is like most men in history taking what he wants, thinking it’s deserved to him. Women are beneath him or so he thinks until a captive beauty curses him. I really didn’t want to like Guy but the author did such detailed job of explaining the history that the way he thinks makes sense. Plus his arrogance only added to his inevitable fall because really who can withstand Deorwynn.

There was no instant love but instead an instant dislike that was confused by the electricity arcing between Deorwynn and Guy. Needless to say this made for some really good and fun dialogue. Everything was well paced even the passion, never allowing you to get bored but
not going so fast that you get thrown out of the plot. I was so enthralled with this book and the characters that I hated to see it end. I look forward to the next book involving Deorwynn’s brother.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Virgin Proxy.