Angela's Reviews > The Map of Time

The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma

Aug 31, 2011

Read in April, 2011

I was drawn into The Map of Time by the brief description I read; to me, it sounded like a wonderful book that blended time travel and well-known figures such as Jack the Ripper and H. G. Wells. Once I began the book, I was further lured in by Palma's writing style and the voice--the narrator. I must say that the narration is incredibly eloquent and descriptive, without ever being boring or extraneous. It was the narrator's voice that kept me turning the pages as I found myself constantly wondering what the next piece of the story was. And the manner in which the stories are shared were such that I felt that the narrator was sitting in front of me, telling me these tales.

The three stories in this book, while each focused primarily on different main characters, are strung together by the same theme of time. When you think of time and time travel in literature, you find that writers tend to go straight for the science fiction route; however, in this book, I adored that the science fiction aspect of it was second to character development. I felt like I knew and understood these people, and found their considerations of time to be very thought-provoking. I really enjoyed this book and appreciated just how engaging the stories and writing were.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Map of Time.