Anne's Reviews > Withering Tights

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison

1019113
Sep 01, 11

Read in August, 2011

It is hard for me to decide what I think about this book. On its own it was a pretty funny story and an entertaining read. OK, but it is so similar to the Georgia Nicolson series that I was kind of disappointed. Tallulah seemed just like Georgia except she hated her knees instead of her nose and had really small boobs rather than great big ones. Many of the jokes and characters seemed the same and I felt like I was just reading another installment of Georgia.

This is not really a bad thing it just wasn't really what I was expecting. I thought Rennison stopped writing the Georgia diaries because she was sick of it. But then she wrote something almost exactly the same with different character names. It was almost like when sitcoms used to replace a character with another actor and pretrend like it's the same person. (Like Darrin in "Bewitched")It didn't ruin the show just made you feel like the producers think you're clueless.

I guess the upshoot is for teens and others who really liked Georgia, her cousin is now here to take her place. But if you're expecting something different from an author who seems so talented, you'll be disappointed.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Withering Tights.