Clarissa's Reviews > Illusions

Illusions by Aprilynne Pike

Aug 31, 11

it was ok
bookshelves: 2011, paranormal, faerie, ya, annoying-main-character

Why oh why do I keep reading this series? I really don't enjoy the way Aprilynne Pike writes. She overwrites constantly. It "set's my teeth on edge." I find Laurel so completely annoying, I can't stand her. If she were an actual person, I would try very hard not to ever have to speak to her, or be in the same room with her. And I'm generally known as a friendly person. She is a controlling knowitall that has two boys in love with her. Not to mention that the rest of the boys in school would do anything to get with her, (sounds a little Bella like to me). Her being so wanted, doesn't really seem possible. I don't care how gorgeous she apparently is. Then the ending? Again, I ask, what ending? That was not an ending, just like this. (Is not a sentence, that was what it was suppose to be, before I quit writing in the middle of it.) I understand cliff hangers, I do. But I hate them. It's a cheap parlour trick. Watch, while I make half of a book disappear! (That was suppose to be read with some sort of accent, pick your favourite.) I, however, WILL be reading the next book, if only to see the series end, for good and I'll be a happy woman when it does. If I can get through FIVE seasons of Lost (of which, only the first was good), I can get through one more book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illusions.