Sam's Reviews > Before I Fall

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: borrowed, amazing-loved-it, book-with-gorgeous-boy, made-me-cry-my-eyes-out, reviewed
Read from September 02 to 04, 2011

Before I read it:
I'm really worried. I hope this book doesn't make me cry my eyes out like her book 'Delirium'. Biting lip in worry!

Just read:
Samantha is one of those girls. She's got the perfect boyfriend, clothes, popularity and friends. One night she goes to a party, Kent's party and the problems start to unravell there. Julia Skykes calls her and all her friends bitches. Kent turns on her. On the way back from the party Sam and her 3 best friends, Elody, Ally and Lindsay, get killed in a car accident.
But when Sam wakes up time goes back, she thinks it's because she's getting a second chance but she's actually suppost to set things straight. She tries to dogde the problems but they keep coming back to haunt her. She wakes up every day for 7 days on the 12th of febuary. On the last day she finally sets the records straight. She dumps her perfect boyfriend, kisses the boy who has always treated her right, helps out her fellow friends and prevents Julia from dying. But you must give a life to get one back. RIP SAMANTHA KINGSTON!

Wow, Lauren Oliver is amazing. She writes such emotional books that always have such a strong moral.
This book made me realise you never know when your going to die so treat your friends and family right. I feel that Sam is such a strong character and she's definately my heroin. She might not treat people right or necessarily have respect but she does know how to fix things, she can even see the person with in. I can't describe how this book has change the way I feel about the world, my friends and my family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Fall.

Quotes Sam Liked

Lauren Oliver
“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

09/04/2011 page 378
80.0% "I like it but it's annoying how she has to start her day again and again and again. Let's see how it ends :D"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Oh you will cry your eyes out this author is famous for it! lol

message 2: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Well, in that case, I'll go get some tissues!

message 3: by Miss (new)

Miss Fifi great review, hun :)