LORI CASWELL's Reviews > 1105 Yakima Street

1105 Yakima Street by Debbie Macomber

Sep 03, 11

Read from August 31 to September 01, 2011 — I own a copy

I have enjoyed each visit to Cedar Cove and will be very sad when these excursions end.

What Debbie does so well is that while she features a different address/family in each story she realizes that the entire community of Cedar Cove is connected to each other through family and friendships. In each edition we get a peek at most of the characters so we always stay connected with our favorites. She puts us right there in Cedar Cove, whether we are sitting in the library, visiting the art gallery, dining at a local restaurant, or just walking down the street. We feel welcome wherever we travel around.

Watching these characters grow, fall in love, start families, have grandchildren, suffer setbacks, even deal with cancer, we are there for it all. Debbie promises that the last book will tie up any loose ends and she will revisit every family. These goodbyes are going to be hard both on the author and the readers. I wish we could convince her that 13** Street, Avenue, Way, would be a fabulous title as long as it isn't 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

Debbie's tagline on her website is "Wherever you are, Debbie takes you home." That is so true!!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1105 Yakima Street.