Miz Love's Reviews > His at Last

His at Last by Brenna Zinn

Aug 31, 11

Ah, this is a damn sweet book. The insecurity on both sides is endearing. What if he doesn’t want me? What if she knocks me back? Carter and Leslie have liked one another for a looooong time. He wonders if he’s too old for her, and she wonders if being middle class has stopped any chances of him wanting anything to do with her other than her being his secretary.

A classic tale of people not saying how they feel in case of rejection. Oh, the wasted time! That’s what I thought when reading. They could have done so much already! But when push comes to shove, with the realisation that they may well never see one another again once Carter retires and Leslie moves away, the pair of them know they’ve either got to do something about their feelings or forever live with the regret of never having at least tried.

Best Bits: The candle flickered, making his whisky-colored eyes shimmer like liquid gold.

“…Did I do the right thing?”
“Oh, yes.”

Verdict: I’m so glad they got together. His at Last is one of those books where you know from the start they’re going to get their happy ever after, so you’re safe in that knowledge to lay back and enjoy going on their journey with them. I laid back in the bath and watched the pair of them struggle with trying to get the courage to approach the other—but fate had other ideas, throwing them together at a wedding. Very sweet, in the best possible way, and a book you can sigh over at the end because they got what they wanted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His at Last.