Shirley's Reviews > Fated

Fated by Sarah Alderson

Jan 09, 12

bookshelves: 2012-releases, own, favourites, read-in-2012, for-review, i-want-these-smexii-boys
Read in January, 2012

Sarah Alderson strikes again! With a new heart-pounding adventure, Alderson has amazed me yet again with her brilliant story-telling and fantastic writing. Fated is definitely a book all paranormal lovers out there should look out for!

You know, I’m incredibly impressed with the paranormal creatures Alderson has created in Fated. There’s an organisation called the Brotherhood, comprising of different types of demon assassins, or Unhumans; there are vampires, shapeshifters , MIXENS (who have acid on their skin *shudders*), Scorpio Demons and Shadow Warriors. Then of course, there are the "good guys".Those who kill demons, are called Hunters; and there’s been a century-long war between the Unhumans and Hunters. Lucas is half-human and half-Shadow Warrior, and Evie, is the last full-blooded descendent of the Hunters. I won’t spoil the plot for you, but I’m sure you all have an inkling of what’s about to happen…

Evie is one hell of an insanely awesome, kick-ass protagonist! She’s level-headed, determined and the girl does not back down without a fight. Seriously, she’s plain amazing. Plus, she says the most hilarious things; check out her snarky Twilight comment:

“Are you trying to tell me that was Edward Cullen outside? Because you know, I thought he was supposed to be hotter than that. And a whole lot more romantic.”

Tell me you don’t like her after that. I dare you.

And wow, Alderson knows how to write sexy, badass , drool-worthy guys – LUCAS. (And just to be clear, I am NOT sharing him with ANYONE. Trust me, you do not want to mess with me; I fight dirty :D Just sayin’) Why, Why, WHY is he so perfect? The guy is willing to sacrifice himself ( and I mean literally die) for the girl he loves. *sigh* So, my question: Why don’t guys like Lucas exist in real life?

With a fantastic storyline, incredible characters, and might I add, very imaginative creatures, Sarah Alderson has delivered yet another spectacular novel for her readers to enjoy. Impeccably written, in addition to a sizzling hot romance, Fated is sure to impress! I’ve had my share of spontaneous outbursts of laughter and near the end, an out-of-the-blue ‘YES! FINALLY!’. Anyway, guys, YOU HAVE TO READ THIS. You won’t regret it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.

Quotes Shirley Liked

Sarah Alderson
“I'd be really jealous of me too. I mean, what's not to envy? No friends, no family, no future - but it's OK because guess what? I'm the White Light. Well Whooppeee Do.”

Sarah Alderson
“This is not a choice. I either choose not to become a Hunter and get killed in some hideous manner or I choose to become a Hunter and get killed in some hideous manner.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Celine Wow. 5 stars. Definitely need to add this to my TBR!! Can't wait for your review! :D

Brodie GET YOUR DIRTY PAWS OFF LUCAS!!!(Finished this today aswell, LOVED!)

Shirley BACK OFF BRODIE. YOU'RE NOT STEALING ANOTHER ONE OF MY BOOK BOYFRIENDS.
Of course! It's SARAH ALDERSON after all! She kicks ass when it comes to paranormal romance and writing sexy, drool-worthy guys!!!

Sarah (saz101) I wish I could like your and Brodie's comments. Inordinately entertaining :D

Celine Okay, I'm pretty sure any guy called Lucas is hot. So I'm in this fight (although I haven't read the book) lol