Saly's Reviews > Animal Attraction

3192922
Oct 05, 11

bookshelves: rom-contemporary, single-titles
Read in August, 2011

Every-time I pick up a Jill Shalvis contemporary, I don't think she can do any better, after all how high can I keep my expectations but I am proved wrong and man am I so glad for it.

Animal Attraction is the second book based in Sunshine, Idaho and this time our yummy hero is Dell, animal and woman whisperer and part owner of the vet clinic Bell Haven. And we get Jade, the one who runs their life and office ever since she showed up eighteen month ago, without any references and a look in the eye, Adam and Dell see in animals who have been hurt.

I enjoyed the whole pacing of the book, not even one word felt un-intentional for and the sexual tension as usual was off the charts, so much so that I wanted these two to just jump each other, before they do we do get some toe-melting kisses.

Dell doesn't let people close atleast not that many and who can blame him, mother walked off, dad died, went from foster homes to foster home and got beaten up for being small, until Sol, where Brady, Adam and Dell found something worthwhile, then Sol died as well. Dell has found a niche for himself now, animals, he loves them but as far his relationship record goes, that's not so great, he loves women and they him in turn but he doesn't give them a chance to hurt him.

Dell and Jade have been circling around each other ever since she came to work and now she's about to leave and go back to her life in Chicago. Like Dell, Jade is good at building boundaries, none of them know about her life or what happened but despite all her efforts all of them have managed to become a part of her life.

I loved the whole book and the entire cast, Adam was a hoot, constantly walking in on Dell and Jade at the worst times, like after that sweaty self-defense lesson, I wanted to scream like Dell there with frustration. I do sense something brewing between Adam and Holly and can't wait for those fire-works. We get Lilah and Brady time as well, which I loved.

I enjoyed the big brother role Adam played, he talked to Jade and even Dell as well and made them think through his snarky humor. Dell was good at protecting himself but when it came to Jade he didn't have any defenses and he helped her overcome her fears and then feared she won't need him anymore. He had such a big heart and even when his mother hurt him so much, he was still there for her. I wanted to hug him so bad and tell him hey stop Jade from leaving and also tell Jade to open up, that guy is great and you need to TALK. See, how invested I was in the book?

The book wasn't just about the relationship but about all of them, about Jade finally finding herself, after a robbery in Chicago made her question her place in life, about finally confronting her fears and learning to tackle them through Dell. The beauty was that both of them helped each other while thinking they didn't. Jade and Dell were totally wonderful for each other and I have got to admit Jill writes the best heroes and I too want a Dell for myself.

A wonderfully written book that you'll wish never ended. I love the people of Sunshine and can't wait to go back there.

ARC received through the author.
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Attraction.

Steffi You are so lucky, Saly. Congrats!! I'm jealous:)

Marty I'm jealous, too ;)

Saly Steffi and Marty I hope you enjoy the book, it's awesome.

Elizabeth (Liz) Great review! I've preordered this one and cannot wait to read it!!!

Saly Thanks, Elizabeth. I do hope you enjoy this one as much as I did, not long till it's out :)

Lisa Kay Wonderful review, Saly! This sounds like a good one. LOL! Even if Dell gets a little frustrated. I read the first one; I'll have to pick up the next one. Thanks for the fun review. :)

Saly Thank you Lisa Kay, I know how much you enjoy Jill Shalvis. I hope you enjoy this one as well and seriously the sexual tension in the book is off the charts, but the interruptions ;)

message 8: by LLCSpokane (new)

LLCSpokane Great review Saly. I guess I'll have to order this one. I'm a Jill Shalvis fan also. Loved Simply Irresistible, have copy of the second in that series but haven't read yet. I also like that some of her series are based in my homestate (Washington) or right next door (30 miles away) in Idaho.

Saly Thanks, LLC. I too love her very much especially the one's she has been writing in the past 3-4 years.
You are lucky, I adore the second book a lot so you are in for a treat.

Well if books are based in towns nearby you may try and make comparisons :)