Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

0 stars. DNF @55%. Review edited February 12, 2015

photo oie_YtumfT4PnPS2_zpsdacx2wfh.gif
 photo oie_QvhN56EnkhRA_zpsukfqrflm.gif
 photo oie_TRMf2tF5pQ4V_zpsytuyqapw.gif

“Sex is more than an act of pleasure, it's the ability to be able to feel so close to a person, so connected, so comfortable that it's almost breathtaking to the point you feel you can’t take it. And at this moment you're a part of them.

- Author unknown -

I've had a rather long list of issues when I decided to abandon ship. FSoShit is garbage and if I had read a paperback I would have burned the fucking offending thing. It's a total mystery to me why this book ever saw the light of day because, let's face it, the writing is incredibly juvenile. The story and characters are extremely poorly written and I couldn't for the life of me connect with the dumb, clumsy, naïve and immature heroine.

photo oie_w4nfAreoEsub_zps86t5yfay.gif

Also, the slimy whacko didn't deserve to be called hero. Christian is a highly manipulative, abusive and stalker-ish asshole. His whispers didn't endear him to me either. He came off as a total creep. I honestly don't understand what Ana saw in him, yet on the other hand, I didn't get it why Christian would stalk that bland and vapid wallflower. In any event, these two deserved each other and Ana obviously enjoyed Grey's blunt and crude approach.

photo oie_iX6eIKB2WOVb_zpsaoup4pqs.gif

The whole contract business was pretty much mind-boggling. I don't believe that a healthy and consensual Dom/sub relationship could be based upon such crappy and ridiculous rules.

Christian, the rich Superman (sarcasm), deflowered our wallflower in a way that's not even worthy of losing any words over that pathetic fuck. So, you did guess right. I neither found the sex to be hot nor erotic. At.All. Thus, I'd better buy him a ticket to the next Mars expedition stat. That would ensure that Mr. Grey would not return to our cozy place called Mother Earth.

FSoG lacked depth and emotion big time. Except of disgust and anger I felt nothing towards these pathetic main protagonists and their fucked up trip bored me to tears.

The winking smileys irritated the hell outta me and all that inner goddess shit made me almost blow a fuse. Jesus.Fucking.Christ. Would you give me a break already? I've read a variety of erotica books and I do enjoy great smexin' that comes with some kind of depth and great characterization. However, I'm not sorry to say that FSoG is ranking among the worst erotica books I've ever read.

What's seriously bugging me as well is the fact that the general public thinks that FSoShit provides almost every woman's erotic fantasy. I don't criticize readers who loved this book but I'm criticizing the media coverage. I don't appreciate it when these people claim to know that's what a general majority of women love to read and want in real life (or in the bedroom for that matter). Seriously? Never. Ever. FSoG is bad erotica. It's bad BDSM too.

When people say FSoG is “empowering women in their sexuality,” then I think something is seriously wrong. Never ever could this story empower me in my sexuality. What in God’s name is on their minds? I can do it all by myself with my very healthy hand, and I can gladly say that my boyfriend is empowering me just fine and is taking care of my needs. Thank you very much. BTW, my boyfriend is not an abusive and manipulative stalker. Oh, yes, now it dawns on me…my boyfriend is real.

Bottom line, the barely there plot and the characters were overly shallow, underdeveloped, immature and boring. The amateurish writing killed any desire to read anything else by this author in the future. And last but not least, my inner goddess was so fucking relieved when she had to quit eventually. It was a very tedious and crappy experience and I wish I had never bought this book, let alone attempted to go through this rubbish. I was in dire need of bleaching my brain.

Christopher Hitchens said…

Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that's where it should stay.

photo oie_UT4kh521v1nO_zpsmaatyinf.gif

photo oie_GTO7bs0C5cnv_zpsct2xyhna.gif

As a side note

photo oie_IwNepNc48cWd_zpsvwxov7lw.gif
 photo oie_B8YlU5Upw20Q_zps5b00004d.png
975 likes · flag

09/19
15.0% "The heroine, Ana, is often talking to herself. She's shy and clumsy and blushes constantly. Awwww, she'll step into the lion's den! I'm quite tense...I want to see how she'll handle Grey or should I better say it's the other way round. Until now, it's an entertaining read - rather hilarious. I like it!"
09/19
22.0% "I am so not 'amused' right now. Because I've had my WTF?-moment when I read all those rules and a bit later when Ana lost her virginity. This was so not romantic. Hello?? *urgh* I do hope that this will improve..."
09/20
35.0% "Gosh, I have to tough this out. Ana begins to seriously tick me off. She speaks and acts so immature. She’s not sophisticated. She got an e-mail with a winking smiley. Seriously! What almost 22 year old would get excited about a winking smiley?? I can’t hear this inner goddess shit anymore. Jeez, I plead with MY inner goddess: “Give me the strength to finish this book and let me survive this clusterfuck!”" 3 comments
09/20
35.0% "I had not enough room before. So I continue now: When I read this contract/paper stuff...my oh my oh my...seriously, this is sick. I already enjoyed a lot of BDSM books. But this one here...I feel rather spaced out. I would treat my dog differently if I had one. And Grey seems really fucked up. :((("
09/21
48.0% "Bad. Worse. Worst! I started to write my review today. There's so much stuff I don't appreciate here. Incredible! I don't have enough space here to voice it all. This is a huge disappointment. :(((" 6 comments
02/03 marked as: read

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Anachronist wrote: "Baba wrote:Don't mind me, Anachronist. It's only my opinion, after all. So many readers loved it...

So many people loved Twilight...I read it all and I wasn't impressed. I don't want to repeat my..."

Ok, I get it. :))

message 102: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn well I feel bad for you then!!! I love this book! its a book.its NOT real!

~E~ Riverina Romantics Baba, another good point from Dawn a.k.a Captain Obvious.

It is just a book honey. It's not like you spent your hard money purchasing it. And like people have pointed out to me....and I have also forwarded on to you - we are frigid because we don't like this book.

The dark sexuality of it needs to be bottled, placed on the production line and shipped post haste to the world at large.

And the masculine gasping (yes, I'm aware its an oxymoron - are you).....my Inner Goddess has no words.

Sorry Baba....sick child on this end....not enough coffee to soften my bitter tongue. Please forgive my rudeness :)

And yes I have been belted with the sarcasm stick today.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Dawn wrote: "well I feel bad for you then!!! I love this book! its a book.its NOT real!"

@Dawn:
Well, Dawn, clue in…do you know why readers are posting reviews? It's MY OPINION. I didn't ask for yours. Feel free to read my reviews any time but please spare me such needless comments. I am really glad it's only fiction. I mean this is just too much. Thank goodness these characters are not real. God, god, god my inner goddess would not survive that! You know what I do with books everyone loved but me? I have learned my lesson. I shut my mouth and close my eyes because I'm sure there are so many other good books out there we can discuss.

@Jodie
Thanks, hon!! You put a smile on my face. Oh, yes, about the frigid crap…two days ago my boyfriend sure as hell proved that I'm not frigid at all. Thank goodness everything is all right "down there!!"

message 105: by Candus (new)

Candus Hinderer Baba - I must inform you that I was told, today, that this book is "the hottest thing" now. When I was told of its content, I of course, went straight to Goodreads to find out what my like-minded peeps think. I've not done "erotica" in a while...since A.N. Roquelaure in college. Suffice it to say, I got married, got a job, moved to the suburbs, had babies, yatta yatta yatta, now what? Thank you for your review. I appreciate your intelligence and candor, AND, I won't be buying this book...although, I would like to be able say "yawn, no I hated it, why did you like it, let me recommend something else if that is what interests you..." Anyway, thanks, and I will be following you. LOVE LOVE LOVE the shelf: Books everyone likes but Baba....:)

message 106: by Molly (new) - rated it 1 star

Molly Candus wrote: "Baba - I must inform you that I was told, today, that this book is "the hottest thing" now. When I was told of its content, I of course, went straight to Goodreads to find out what my like-minded ..."
Yay, Candus! :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Candus wrote: "Baba - I must inform you that I was told, today, that this book is "the hottest thing" now. When I was told of its content, I of course, went straight to Goodreads to find out what my like-minded ..."

Thanks for your comment, Candus. Well, I don't know what's so hot about this story. I think it was a huge turn off and an incredibly tedious read. This book has earned a top place on my WTF shelf! I'm so glad that my inner goddess survived 55 % of this story and then I just had to cave in. Gah!

message 108: by Epic (new) - added it

Epic Sex Stories Well said!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Erotica wrote: "Well said!"

Thanks, Erotica!

message 110: by Zack (last edited Apr 14, 2012 07:28PM) (new)

Zack So, what you're trying to say is that the book(s)is (are)a piece of shit better left undisturbed, lest the stink gets on you and it's nearly impossible to get it out?

I can do that.

From reading the reviews and comments I gather that this book is an "adult" clone of Twilight, and the male lead is a psychopathic control freak who gets off on abusing and humiliating women. With a bit of the homo erotic thrown in.

And that the female lead is a self destructive, repressed, low self esteem, damaged woman. The kind who can only feel worthy of life when "fixing" someone who is more broken than they are.

It's hard enough to see and read about this type of women everyday in the newspapers and in the news broadcasts, why would I want to read about them in fiction?

I forgot who said this first but I agree "Books like "Twilight" (Twatlight in my head) are written for teens, but it's the moms that buy them"

Screw that.

Anachronist Zack wrote: "So, what you're trying to say is that the book(s)is (are)a piece of shit better left undisturbed, lest the stink gets on you and it's nearly impossible to get it out?"

A lovely and very pertinent comparison - thanks! ;D

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter @Zack
Thanks for your comment. After seeing your favorite shelf I think Fifty wouldn't suit you. At all. You're too well-read and eloquent to read such a story.

Loved this:
Time to read, to laugh and to talk about the world at large or to talk about nothing at all. Quiet times and busy times. Time for politics. Time for friends, for family (if possible, not at the same time) and for myself. Time for a park bench, a flower, a bush in bloom, a tree in autumn. Time for puzzles and conundrums, time for some coffee or a beer or a glass of wine. Time for the ocean, for a river or a lake. Time to think. Time to act like an adult. Time to act with glee. Time for popcorn, diet Pepsi and gummy bears.

No time at all for the self righteous, the uninformed people or religion.

Yep, you are right. ^__^

Vallsykes I just laughed so hard. B, u are funny, girl! I luv'd reading this review. Though I read thru the 3 books and enjoyed the psychosis of Fifty and sheer dopey-ness of Ana, I felt like these two were way less mature than the YA characters, Bella and Edward, from which they were modeled.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Vallsykes wrote: "I just laughed so hard. B, u are funny, girl! I luv'd reading this review. Though I read thru the 3 books and enjoyed the psychosis of Fifty and sheer dopey-ness of Ana, I felt like these two were ..."

Uh...yeah...glad I made you laugh, Vallsykes. Such books make me crave for a storyline with very mature older characters.

message 115: by Bri (new)

Bri "What is seriously bugging me as well is the fact that because of the popularity of FSoG, people think THAT'S what women love to read and WANT in real life. Seriously? Never. Ever. FSoG is bad erotica. It's bad BDSM too."

This forever. Well said.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Thanks, Bri! I hope your next read will be better.

message 117: by Bri (new)

Bri Baba wrote: "Thanks, Bri! I hope your next read will be better."

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Bri wrote: "Baba wrote: "Thanks, Bri! I hope your next read will be better."

Fortunately, I never read this. I sampled it when it was fanfic and promptly flounced. Tampon + sex /= sexy."

Ah, I see. I assume you're talking about this scene...

“When did you start your period, Anastasia?” he asks out of the blue, gazing down at me.
“Err... yesterday,” I mumble in my highly aroused state.
“Good.” He releases me and turns me around.
“Hold on to the sink,” he orders and pulls my hips back again, like he did in the playroom, so I’m bending down.

He reaches between my legs and pulls on the blue string… what! And… a gently pulls my tampon out and tosses it into the nearby toilet. Holy fuck. Sweet mother of all… Jeez. And then he’s inside me… ah! Skin against skin… moving slowly at first… easily, testing me, pushing me… oh my. I grip on to the sink, panting, forcing myself back on him, feeling him inside me. Oh the sweet agony… his hands clasp my hips. He sets a punishing rhythm – in, out, and he reaches around and finds my clitoris, massaging me… oh jeez. I can feel myself quicken.

No comment...well, maybe...ewwww...
Sorry, I have to comment. Is that erotic or hot? Do I want that in real life? Is that my fantasy? God, I get all worked up again.

message 119: by Valerie (new) - rated it 1 star

Valerie FSoG is bad erotica. It's bad BDSM too.

PRECISELY.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Valerie wrote: "FSoG is bad erotica. It's bad BDSM too.

PRECISELY."

Thanks for your comment, Valerie. :)

message 121: by Laura (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura Hayward I'm glad I read this review before I bought the book... with one criticism though. I don't consider 22 to be a mature age at all. Early 20's are all about the transition from child to adult and self discovery. If Ana was 32, then I would definitely agree :)

Brilliant review though

message 122: by Valerie (new) - rated it 1 star

Valerie Baba wrote: "Thanks for your comment, Valerie. :)"

Haha, I'm just relieved at reading all the one-star reviews. Their relationship is just dreadfully unhealthy in every way. I was shocked over and over again at Christian's manipulation and Ana's cluelessness, and when he said that she wasn't "meant to like" her "punishments," I was floored. And then she's honest-to-god afraid of him hitting her again... horrible!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Laura wrote: "I'm glad I read this review before I bought the book... with one criticism though. I don't consider 22 to be a mature age at all. Early 20's are all about the transition from child to adult and sel..."

Thank you, Laura! Well, about the age and being mature/immature: maybe we will have to agree to disagree. I remember that I was very sensible and mature before I was even twenty. ;)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Valerie wrote: "Baba wrote: "Thanks for your comment, Valerie. :)"

How do you say? To each their own...this was just not for me.
BTW, I edited my review but the one-star rating is the same. ;)

Steamywindows♥♫ Thank you Baba for your frank review. i have not read this book but do have it in my TBR pile, but like the Twilight books, wondered about the hype and have just not been motivated to pick it up. I don't know, life is too short to spend it on a read that just doesn't cut it, so I applaud the DNF. Steamy

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Steamywindows♥♫ wrote: "Thank you Baba for your frank review. i have not read this book but do have it in my TBR pile, but like the Twilight books, wondered about the hype and have just not been motivated to pick it up. ..."

You're welcome, SteamyW. Many readers loved it--it's just not for me. :-)

message 127: by Jesi (new) - rated it 1 star

Jesi I'm 22, still a virgin, and when my crush sends my a winky smiley face, especially when it was the first one, I got excited. I consider myself far from immature and I believe she got the mindset of a young woman in this time very well- save for the subcondcious and inner godddess, I found that quite weird. I do agree with the sex scenes though, but I contributed it to the fact I was older and it wasn't like, "OMG if my dad catches me reading this I am SOOO D-E-A-D!!!!!!" type of thing.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jesi wrote: "I'm 22, still a virgin, and when my crush sends my a winky smiley face, especially when it was the first one, I got excited. I consider myself far from immature and I believe she got the mindset of..."

The characters and the whole book are a nightmare. I have read more than 100 erotica books, and FSoG deserves the first place on my shelf of the worst-books-ever. But to each their own. When you'll have sex for the first time, I just hope for your sake that you won't get f***ed. Let's leave it at that.

message 129: by Aruana (new) - rated it 1 star

Aruana The one thing that stuck out for me is the fact that she's 22 and she's never had an orgasm. Really? The language is so juvenile - if I had to read another "crap" .. To each his own. I'll stick to my Cherise Sinclair's.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Aruana wrote: "The one thing that stuck out for me is the fact that she's 22 and she's never had an orgasm. Really? The language is so juvenile - if I had to read another "crap" .. To each his own. I'll stick..."

I agree, Aruana. Have you read anything written by Joey W. Hill too? I adore her work. Well, not every book but she's written some incredibly amazing stories!

message 131: by Aruana (new) - rated it 1 star

Aruana I have not. I'm very new to erotic romance and even more so on bdsm, but I'll keep a look out. I am reading Make Me Sir right at this moment. An American friend of mine sent it to me via e-mail today.

Wow! 50 Shades of Grey is not a patch on this! What an incredible story and H/h. I'm on page 183 of 306. Will give feedback.

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Aruana wrote: "I have not. I'm very new to erotic romance and even more so on bdsm, but I'll keep a look out. I am reading Make Me Sir right at this moment. An American friend of mine sent it to me via e-mail t..."

Yes, please keep me posted; that would be nice.

message 133: by Aruana (new) - rated it 1 star

Aruana Make Me Sir was sublime. I read until 4 am this morning. I could not put it down. So far my favourite one.

The story is fantastic, the H/h are brilliant and the chemistry is amazing. I feel a re-read coming up!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Aruana wrote: "Make Me Sir was sublime. I read until 4 am this morning. I could not put it down. So far my favourite one.

I loved Marcus! Glad you're enjoying it, Aruana!

message 135: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Amen, sister.

message 136: by Aruana (new) - rated it 1 star

Aruana I just found it sad that here you have 50 Shades of Grey getting all this media attention and when you compare it to The Shadowlands books, it comes up short. Now, Cherise Sinclair's books are how it's supposed to be done. I read 50 Shades of Grey and then right after that I read Make Me Sir ..... wow! No comparison!

I've read all Cherise Sinclair's books now and I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms! I am really looking forward to Sam and Linda's story. They look fascinating.

message 137: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim You are not alone!!! I agree with every word you wrote. Unfortunately, I stuck it out until the end of the first book (tampon scene and all). The writing was not only atrocious, but I thought the author was extremely lazy. If you are going to write a book from the perspective of someone from the southern US, please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with expressions and slang native to the region. I do not know any US adults, southern or not, who speak like a British teen-ager. On a related note, I know several hispanic persons and none of them say "Dios Mios" every other sentence in an effort to remind me that they are hispanic.

And don't get me started on the immaturity of every single character. I actually did a count on my Kinde, and there were something like 70 references to Anna's inner goddess, 60+ to her subconcious, close to 40 references to her lip biting (I used the specific phrase "bite lip" so there were probably more when you factor in other tenses/ways to say it) and almost 30 times it was mentioned how beautiful Christian was. Those were the phrases or words that bothered me the most, which is why I had to know how many times they popped up.

I found a great blog on Tumblr (50 Shades of Suck) where the blog author posted sentences from all three books, along with her thoughts underneath them...hilarious! And you have not lived until you have heard Gilbert Godfried read an excerpt...there is a link on the site (http://50shadesofsuck.tumblr.com/).

I really hadn't read much BDSM until FSoG came out, but after reading that crud, I needed to know that someone wrote good BDSM. Someone recommended Joey W Hill so I read her Nature of Desire series. Very good & I especially liked Nature's Law (#2). I would highly recommed #7 (Branded Sanctuary) to anyone who wants to read GOOD quality BDSM featuring a character who was new to the scene ad unsure if it was really or her.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Aruana wrote: "I just found it sad that here you have 50 Shades of Grey getting all this media attention and when you compare it to The Shadowlands books, it comes up short. Now, Cherise Sinclair's books are how..."

Glad you enjoyed her books, Aruana. Give Joey W. Hill a try. You might like her writing too.

message 140: by Aruana (new) - rated it 1 star

Aruana I'm actually going to try Kallypso Masters next, but Joey W. Hill has been recommended.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I actually did a count on my Kinde, and there were something like 70 references to Anna's inner goddess, 60+ to her subconcious, close to 40 references to her lip biting (I used the specific phrase "bite lip" so there were probably more when you factor in other tenses/ways to say it) and almost 30 times it was mentioned how beautiful Christian was.

GAH!!! Totally annoying.

And you have not lived until you have heard Gilbert Godfried read an excerpt

Thanks, will check it out.

Exactly!! Joey W. Hill is the BDSM GODDESS!! One of my all-time favorite heroes is Tyler and of course I totally love Tyler and Marguerite's story Ice Queen and Mirror of My Soul. Branded Sanctuary is very good too and I'd recommend it to readers who would like to give good BDSM a try.

message 142: by Amber (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amber This book disturbed me as well, but the cliffhanger made me read the next. And I can say it was much MUCH better. Almost felt like a different author. About 20% of the sex as the first- and different. It wasn't at all about the sub/Dom crap. She actually lets us see a much softer side of Christian. (although you do have to get past the first few chapters. I was screaming at him (audiobook) while reading the first little bit) Still a bit much sex (and more detailed) than I prefer, but a much better written book. This one actually had a storyline!

message 143: by Aruana (new) - rated it 1 star

Aruana As far as Joey W. Hill is concerned: I'm not crazy about Dommes (female Dom?). Not sure why .....

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Amber wrote: "This book disturbed me as well, but the cliffhanger made me read the next. And I can say it was much MUCH better. Almost felt like a different author. About 20% of the sex as the first- and differe..."

Well, glad you enjoyed the sequel, Amber. FSoG is such crap that I won't read anything anymore that is written by this author. Not. Ever. Again. :-(

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Aruana wrote: "As far as Joey W. Hill is concerned: I'm not crazy about Dommes (female Dom?). Not sure why ....."

It's up to you to decide if you want to give her a try. I hope you will eventually. Yes, Marguerite is a Domme but Tyler is a Dom too. So...she will submit to Tyler eventually. Give their story a go (Ice Queen and Mirror of My Soul). I think you wouldn't regret it.

message 146: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Aruana wrote: "As far as Joey W. Hill is concerned: I'm not crazy about Dommes (female Dom?). Not sure why ....."

Aruana, I thought the same thing initially, but I really did enjoy them a lot. I envisioned that the men were wimpy and the women were all butch-like, but neither was true. Some of the men very very alpha, just not in the bedroom. Really good characters and good writing. If you only try one, I recommend Nature's Law. The characters were my favorites of all the books. :)

message 148: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Baba wrote: "@Kim & Aruana
It's Natural Law not Nature's Law."

Thanks!

message 149: by Aruana (new) - rated it 1 star

Aruana Ladies, I have been converted! I read Ice Queen yesterday and loved it. Tyler was yummy! Thanks to all for the suggestion. I have quite a few of her books and will be giving them a go.

message 150: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Aruana wrote: "Ladies, I have been converted! I read Ice Queen yesterday and loved it. Tyler was yummy! Thanks to all for the suggestion. I have quite a few of her books and will be giving them a go."

I loved Tyler! He appeared in most, if not all, of the books in that series.