Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > My Wild Highlander

2043222
Oct 28, 11

bookshelves: highlander-books
Read from October 09 to 14, 2011

This is the sequel to My Fierce Highlander, and I loved it just as much. I can’t tell you how much I loved our hero Lachlan. He was the younger, untitled brother of Alasdair-chief of clan MacGrath and hero of the last book. But Lachlan is told he will never amount to anything by their father, so he sets about proving him right. Lachlan is a man whore--a different woman each night, you know the type. The heroine Angelique catches him! So her first meeting of Lachlan is while he’s with Lady Eleanor, but she remembers seeing him with a different lady the night before, and she knows of his reputation. Let’s just say that she doesn’t take it well when she is gently forced by the king to marry Lachlan.

Her lands might be hers, but her people don’t trust either Lady Angelique or her new husband, their new chief, Lachlan. I liked how Lachlan earned their trust, and dealt with those who betrayed that newfound trust. I hated how Lady Angelique couldn’t understand that there were some things she wouldn’t be involved in. She was a woman, she was not the laird. Yet she would get so angry with Lachlan for doing things that involved her clan, without including her. I understand her fears and insecurities, in fact I think they were very well-developed and any woman could understand them. But it still drove me crazy.

Lachlan was a great character and a fantastic hero. I liked that he changed to a single-woman-man, because it was believable. Not being attracted to other women confused him. He was so befuddled as to why he only wanted his wife, and it was so fun to watch him fall in love with her. Once he realized why he didn’t want other women, he really worked hard to gain Angelique’s trust, and her faith in him. I found myself really enjoying the story. Once I passed a certain turning point for Angelique, the plot really picked up, and I found myself reading as fast as I could to find out what would happen next. A certain hare-brained scheme cooked up by the menfolk really rubbed me the wrong way, but to them the ends justified the means. This book was a great follow-up to My Fierce Highlander, and it really made me want more. In fact, I want Dirk’s story now. Like ASAP.

*One thing I’d like to mention is that I suggested this book and the previous one to someone, and her response was that she didn’t read self-published authors. Well, I had no idea this author was self-pubb’d! This book is just that good. If I ever go that route, I want her for my critique partner and I want her editor. I highly recommend Vonda Sinclair’s Highlander books.

**Thank you to the author for the review copy
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Wild Highlander.

10/09/2011 page 27
11.0% "This one caught me right up in it"
10/09/2011 page 68
27.0% "so when will she realize that not every man is out to repress her?"
10/09/2011 page 175
70.0% "Dude, how many people want to kill her?" 7 comments
10/12/2011 page 250
100.0% "4 stars..I want the next book NOW!"

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) lmao is it not going well?

Laura the Highland Hussy it's good, but I'm getting annoyed with the whole-"It's my clan, I want to lead them. Alone. With 2 different people trying to kill me. All for different reasons. Oh, and you're a big strong warrior, but no thanks, I don't need/want your help."
I like the heroine and I like her internal dialogue, but I'm not sure I like the direction this is going.

Greta is Erikasbuddy MMMMMMMMM!! Delicious beefy review!

Laura the Highland Hussy Greta is Erikasbuddy wrote: "MMMMMMMMM!! Delicious beefy review!"

why thank you darlin ;)