Sarah Murray's Reviews > Snip Snap! What's That?

Snip Snap! What's That? by Mara Bergman

Aug 30, 2011

Read in August, 2011

I absolutely loved this book. The author included many sound effects, which children always have fun doing. Not only did this book have great sound effects, it used many adjectives to describe the alligator as well as the children. The adjectives described how the alligator was moving, what it looked like, as well as how terrifying it was to the children. As a child, i would love to hear my mom read a story to me and do all the sound effects. It would make me excited about reading that story and to hear about the alligator.

Another great part of this story was the choice of color and illustration method. The colors help the children pay more attention to the story. The pictures also had a great way for the children to point out where the alligator was. The illustrator would draw bits and pieces of the alligator, not the full thing. This book would also be good to include the kids and ask questions like, how would they feel if an alligator was in their home etc.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snip Snap! What's That?.