Jessica's Reviews > The Revolution Will Not be Microwaved: Inside America's Underground Food Movements

The Revolution Will Not be Microwaved by Sandor Ellix Katz

1091942
Jun 18, 08

Read in June, 2008

If I could pick one book that I think everyone on Earth should read, this would be it. What Fast Food Nation did for fast food this book does for all of the food that we put in our bodies. This book is written in a way that is accessible, but also includes footnotes with sources and the end of each chapter contains additional books/movies/websites/organizations to contact regarding each subject. After reading this book, I, Jessica, the woman who refused to cook, now buys only (local, in every instance possible) organic food and I make all of my meals from scratch. Let me tell you, I have never felt healthier, happier, more energetic, and more purposeful in my daily life. Whether you change your eating habits or not (although, I don't see how you possibly wouldn't), this book contains information that everyone should at least be made aware of in order to make the best food decisions for themselves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Revolution Will Not be Microwaved.