Ibjoy1953's Reviews > Leaving

Leaving by Karen Kingsbury

U_50x66
Aug 30, 11

Read in August, 2011

In Leaving, Karen Kingsbury continues the story of Bailey and Cody, taking us to Cody’s life after he leaves…… and Bailey’s trip to Broadway. She finds a Christian couple in the area to rent a room from, and tries to reach her co-workers for the Lord. But this doesn’t work too well, because they think she just had the job because of her leading part in the movie Unlocked.

Cody is taking classes and working at a pizza joint, until his teacher helps find a job as an assistant coach at a small high school in a small rural Christian area. He visits his mom in jail, trying to encourage her in her relationship with the Lord. Cody is a very likeable person because of his background and the way he now strives to live for the Lord.

I enjoyed reading this first book in Bailey’s series, with Bailey and Cody struggling to now live apart from each other. I really like Cody, he’s the bad boy turned good, and seems he is content following the Lord’s lead in his life, wanting to help others in need. However, Bailey is a different story for me. Her character is just too perfect! There are just no young ladies, or young men for that matter that is perfect in everything they do, go for the lead roles in movies or plays and get the lead part, befriends a movie star that is now almost perfect, making their relationship almost perfect. The characters of Bailey and Brandon are so flat and perfect throughout the book it was kind of sickening to read. I think having a few flaws would make a more interesting story, because life is full of flaws, no matter who you are.

It was nice to read about Ashley and Landon again, and the difficulties with Landon’s health issues did make the story more interesting. Not that I want anything to happen to Landon. He’s one of my favorites.

On to book two in the series for me, and will let you know how that ends.

Leaving is a book I purchased myself for my stash of books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leaving.