Michelle [Helen Geek]'s Reviews > Carnal Gift

Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare

Aug 30, 2011

bookshelves: 4-star
Read from August 31 to September 02, 2011

I liked this book. I read it out of order, there is one before this. These are newly re-releases of Pamela Clare's older works. She modified them a bit and made available electronically. I bought for my Nook and was very reasonably priced. Sweet Release is the first one and then the 3rd one will be available in 2012 - Ride the Fire.

You can tell this is one of her earlier works. The story was good, rather sweet at times -- which isn't what I'm used to from her, but very good. She tells a story about and interesting time in history; the French and Indian War. She also blends in nicely the Irish/English struggles occuring during the same time.

Pamela Clare usually creates quite a bit of sexual tension between her characters. This book has romance, but the tension is more of the "does he love me", "does she love me" kind. Good, but a little unexpected.

Although a bit distracting, I really liked her incorporating the Gaelic or Irish language throughout the story. Her characters were well developed and the story moved well. I'm looking forward to reading the other books in this series. I really hope she comes out with all her older works electronically.

If you in the mood for Pamela Clare, a historical story from a time period not normally in stories, strong character development and like a bit of Ireland, this would be a good story to read. I don't think you need to read the series in order, so no worries there and at a Nook price of $2.99 a real bargain. I think it available for Kindle too.

Happy Reading!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carnal Gift.

08/31/2011 page 50
13.0% "Found out these were re-released in eFormat and started to read, but out of order. So far very good, but didn't expect anything else from P. Clare."
show 1 hidden update…