L-D's Reviews > A Dangerous Thing

A Dangerous Thing by Josh Lanyon

In the second book of this series, Jake and Adrien have started a somewhat bizarre relationship. They hang out and whatnot, but Jake still can't touch Adrien in a sexual way. Jake is used to being sexual with women and being sexual with men in his BDSM club, but he has never been in a relationship with a man, so he doesn't feel comfortable. Okay, I admit it, I just hate Jake. Why would anyone get involved with a gay homophobe? It just boggles my mind. Adrien is an idiot.

Let's talk about the story itself before I get myself spun up thinking about Jake and Adrien. I thought this mystery was very interesting and the plot was pretty engaging. I felt this plot was a little stronger and not as obvious as the last book. Therefore, I rated it 4 stars. After being stood up by Jake...again...Adrien decides to drive off to the ranch that his granny left him to get some writing done. While he's there, he bumps into some university students and professors who are doing a dig on his land and searching for a historical mine shaft. Adrien finds some dead bodies and calls Jake for help. Good boyfriend Jake is not, but he's not a bad friend and he comes and helps Adrien.

I still like Adrien even though I'm baffled by his relationship choices. Dating a closeted gay man who is also dating a woman. How many red flags does one need? This does not bode well. UGH - ARGH! okay, that settles it, this book is going on my read-rage shelf! Adrien - stop the madness! Protect your heart! Run away, run away!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dangerous Thing.