Lydia Presley's Reviews > Tankborn

Oct 12, 11

bookshelves: 2011, dystopian, fiction, young-adult
Read from August 30 to September 01, 2011

Original review posted here

I have to admit to being a little intimidated when it comes to writing this review – because I feel like I cannot do this book justice. I haven’t felt that way since I read The Hunger Games, y’all. Tankborn is just that damn good, but it’s good in a totally different way.

First, let me just say that I’m loving the emergence of ethnicity into the dystopian genre. Kayla is different from other characters I’ve read, but not noticeably different – just its there and you can bask in its total awesomeness. Then there’s the concept – children being created for.. what again? Strange computers resetting minds? Foster families? What is going on?! It was just so much amazing fun that my mind couldn’t grasp it fully and I kept going back to re-read and put the book down in amazement as the story progressed.

Yes, the story is that good.

If you, like me, are picky about which dystopia genre books you want to rave about to other people, if you are tired of the genre being saturated by lackluster books following a clear-cut formula, then pick up Tankborn. This is not one that will disappoint you.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tankborn.

message 1: by Zoë (new) - added it

Zoë So happy you read and reviewed this one! I wasn't that interested by it- dystopia overload lately- but after your incredibly positive review I decided to give it a try. I'm 3/4 and it is absolutely incredible, hopefully I can get the word out to some more readers like you did!