Yashima's Reviews > Stranger in a Strange Land

Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein

Sep 02, 2011

bookshelves: science-fiction, 2011-read-in, fiction, nebulas-and-hugos
Read from August 30 to September 02, 2011

I don't grok in fullness, so waiting is.
I really enjoyed the read though as noted I haven't quite thought through all the interesting religious, philosophical etc. ideas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stranger in a Strange Land.

Quotes Yashima Liked

Robert A. Heinlein
“Democracy is a poor system of government at best; the only thing that can honestly be said in its favor is that it is eight times as good as any other method the human race has ever tried.”

Robert A. Heinlein
“I’ve been kissed by men who did a very good job. But they don’t give kissing their whole attention. They can’t. No matter how hard they try parts of their minds are on something else. Missing the last bus—or their chances of making the gal—or their own techniques in kissing—or maybe worry about jobs, or money, or will husband or papa or the neighbors catch on. Mike doesn’t have technique . . . but when Mike kisses you he isn’t doing anything else. You’re his whole universe . . . and the moment is eternal because he doesn’t have any plans and isn’t going anywhere. Just kissing you.”
tags: kiss

Robert A. Heinlein
“Daughters can spend ten percent more than a man can make in any usual occupation. That’s a law of nature, to be known henceforth as ‘Harshaw’s Law.”