Kate's Reviews > Something About You

Something About You by Julie James

Oct 11, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, hot-guys-with-guns
Read from October 04 to 11, 2011

3.5 stars, I would round up to four because it really wasn't that bad, but there were a few drawbacks that have me waffling.

The writing was lacking in some places, but I enjoyed the story. I was sort of frustrated that it took about half of the book for the two characters to get together, and it seemed to progress slowly in the beginning. The author has the makings for improvement, I would recommend to her, "Show don't tell" for some areas of her writing. Sometimes her descriptions seemed sparse and clinical, lacking in art or creativity.

Other than that it was an enjoyable read and there were some scenes that kept me on the edge of my seat. I liked that once Cameron & Jack got together, they really got together and there were do doubts or some huge betrayal that tore them apart again. That being said, I still felt like their union was too easy... I would have expected Jack to come under fire from his boss for banging the women he was supposed to be protecting. (or at least have been been reassigned)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something About You.

10/04/2011
10/10/2011
47.0% "47 percent done! XD"
show 1 hidden update…