Claire's Reviews > A Bloody Good Secret

A Bloody Good Secret by Sierra Dean

Sep 18, 11

Read from August 30 to September 03, 2011

Posted on www.clairesbookcorner.blogspot.com

A Bloody Good Secret is the second book in the Secret McQueen series by Sierra Dean and is out on Tuesday 20 September. Secret is a half vampire half werewolf bounty hunter who works for the Tribunal which is part of the vampire council. If you haven’t read book one Something Secret This Way Comes I strongly recommend that you do so because firstly it is a really good book and secondly it also helps with the reading of this book. Please note this review will contain spoilers for the first book so now this your chance to look away now.

At the end of book one, we were left with the massive cliff hanger which was Secret being handed her next assignment for the tribunal which was to assassinate one of her closest friends and warden the vampire Holden Chancery. Book two starts with Secret taking refuge at her Grandmother’s house where she has spent the last three months running away from her two werewolf lovers and orders to kill Holden. However things don’t go to Secret’s plan and she soon finds back in New York. Secret is convinced that Holden is not guilty of his crimes, the only problem with that is Secret doesn’t know what crimes he is charged with and no one is willing to tell her. So Secret must find out what it is Holden is supposed to have done and then clear his name. It is a job she is willing to literally die for.

Once again I really enjoyed Ms Dean’s voice. Like the first book this is a quick paced, fun light read. This time the story looks deeper into Secret’s vampire side unlike the first book which concentrated more on her werewolf side. Her two werewolf lovers Lucas and Desmond took more of a back seat although Secret is still soul bonded to both. Secret also has sort of a romantic encounter with Holden and Sig also appears on Secret’s radar. To be honest I was a bit uncomfortable with so many love possibilities and I hope that in future books this gets resolved.

The story line is well played out and I couldn’t figure out the ending. I never guessed which of the characters were guilty and it was a shock to eventually discover the perpetrator. We found out more about the characters that we have met before and we were introduced to some new people who I hope make another appearance in particular Kellen Rain and Nolen. We are not given a cliff hanger exactly at the end of this book however I am very interested to find out what happens next. Congratulations Ms Dean on your second book it is a great read I would like to give this book 4 stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bloody Good Secret.