Annette's Reviews > The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

The Pioneer Woman by Ree Drummond

F_50x66
Sep 27, 11

Read in August, 2011

i just recently discovered thepioneerwoman.com website/blog. so i was really interested in how ree drummond got her "city" self onto this ranch in the middle of nowhere! i HAD to read this book! ;)

the book is very "real". she writes about the feelings & the happenings & the unexpected crap that everyone goes through in their lives, and about how you deal with it or how you don't...
she had a lot of things going on in her life, and she got a lot of "stuff dumped on her" in a short amount of time. we all have times in our lives where it just seems like it isn't just "raining"... it's "POURING"! but through all of that, she definitely recognizes the blessings in her life as well. i think it is a very "relatable" book.

i love the way she is SO IN LOVE with her man & the story of how they met, like the first 1/3-1/2 of the book, was SO ROMANTIC! oooh! I wanted my OWN cowboy by the time she was done recounting her romance!

but the book also goes into the time they spent planning their wedding & their first year of marriage & all the things they were dealing with throughout this time in their lives. it just sort-of made her less of a "celebrity personality" & more of a "real person" for me to be reading about the stuff she went through at this time in her life.

i was glad i read it. it was interesting. never a dull moment!... as "real" life really is!
a.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pioneer Woman.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new)

Tim I have ordered a set of boots and chaps!

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie Kendall http://thefrugalgirls.com/2011/09/fre... Try going to this page, there is a free e-book about an amish woman you might like