Maria's Reviews > Seers

Seers by Heather Frost

Sep 04, 11

Read from August 30 to September 02, 2011

This book is most definitely a book for young adults. Over the first half of the book is devoted to typical teen issues, falling out of love, falling in love, school is a pain, etc. The difference with this book is there's Guardian Angels and Demons in it.

I got impatient with the story, as nothing really happens until over halfway through the book. Before that is a lot of set-up about how Kate doesn't have the same feelings for her boyfriend anymore and there's a new guy who intrigues her. Yes, there's the issue of her car accident and her parents dying, but I really didn't feel one way or the other about her parents. They were just incidental casualties so the grandparents could take over raising Kate and her sisters.

The book starts out in Patrick's voice for a short prologue. Then it switches to Kate's voice for well into the book. When it suddenly switches to Patrick's voice without any real introduction that suddenly it's him talking again, it's very jarring and confusing. He only narrates one or two more chapters, the rest of it is all Kate. I felt like the book would have done better all in Kate's voice.

The best part of the book for me was when the grandfather gets involved - he was my favorite character. I wish he had more involvement throughout the book and particularly during the scenes toward the end.

I think Seers will be enjoyed most by younger adults who may be going through some of the same things Kate did in school and home life. There's no bad language or sex, the violence is minimal. (You have to have a little violence when demons are around!)

I received this book from the publisher through Netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seers.