Nina's Reviews > Cum Laude

Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar

Sep 28, 11

Read from September 19 to 28, 2011

Cum Laude is the first book I read that is written by Cecily von Ziegesar. Shocking right? I mean I am a massive fan of the TV show Gossip Girl, but never read a Gossip Girl book. So when I found out that Cecily von Ziegesar written this book I knew I had to buy a copy of it.

The characters were interesting. They all had their own secrets and insecurities to hide. There wasn’t any depth to any of these characters, but there wasn’t any need for it.
I couldn’t relate to the characters, but I could relate to the experience they had with their first year of college. The late night cramming sessions at the library, going to Starbucks to get loads of coffee to feel awake in the mornings and not knowing where this will all lead.

I liked the plot a lot. It wasn’t full of drama like the Gossip Girl show, but there was still enough to keep me entertained. Every little thing that happened to these characters was fabulous to read about and at the end there even was a bit of suspense.

Cum Laude won’t be the first and last book I read written by this author. I’m curious to find out more about these characters and what will happen to them when they are in their second year of college.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cum Laude.