John Dejordy's Reviews > This Doesn't Happen In The Movies

This Doesn't Happen In The Movies by Renee Pawlish

3222051
Aug 30, 11

Read in August, 2011

I took a break from finishing my own book to read this one. So, I started with my editor hat on and dove into the book.

First, let me state that this genre is usually so far from the field that I normally read, that I was cynical about if I was going to finish.

I was half-way through the first chapter, when I did something that I rarely do - even when I am reading science fiction or fantasy.

I laughed out loud.

From that point on, I was hooked.

The characters are fun and believable. The story flows nicely, not getting bogged down with too much information, but just enough descriptions that you can see, with vivid details, the places the author take your through.

There is plenty of action and suspense, and is light enough to be enjoyed.

I personally love the bits and pieces of comments from the movies - it helps you to relate to the main character Reed and a believable person. I especially liked his parents, because - oh boy - are they like mine.

Overall, I'd recommend this to people that like mysteries. I'd recommend this to person that likes a good book. I'd recommend this to anyone who just wants to enjoy some quality time with quality material. But if you have a pressing engagement (like finishing writing your own book) - stay away until AFTER you finish, because once you start, you won't be able to put this down.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Doesn't Happen In The Movies.