Julia's Reviews > Stone Cold Seduction

Stone Cold Seduction by Jess Macallan

Jan 25, 13

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, arcs, romance, urban, dropbox
Read in August, 2011

STONE COLD SEDUCTION establishes the start of a new series, and it is a mixed bag to begin with. Elle seems to move backwards throughout the book, starting out as a leather-clad cat-burglar robbing her father to help his victims, and ending up as a victim herself. While there is obvious potential for her to grow into her birthright, Elle's resistance and anger is her own worst enemy in book one. Even her love life is hard to get excited about, as the two handsome, charming, and wonderful men in her life are obviously pitted against each other in a love triangle decreed by Fate.

Though the end of STONE COLD SEDUCTION gives hope for future books, there is no incremental triumph to celebrate at the close of this one. Elle's strength in the face of childhood trama is admirable, and she is able to fightback against her tormenters for the first time, but ultimately we are left with the prospect of an uncertain love life, an uncertain home life, and a battle against her sadistic father to look forward to. I'm interesting in finding out more, but I think I'll wait until I can read the rest of the series is one sitting. Elle will come out on top in the end, I just want to make sure I can get to the end as soon as possible.

Full review at All Things Urban Fantasy.

Sexual Content: Several sex scenes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone Cold Seduction.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica I'm interesting in finding out more, but I think I'll wait until I can read the rest of the series is one sitting.
I can totally sympathize with that, I feel like I'm on series overload at this point. Do you have any idea whether this is a series with an already-planned end?