Dinjolina's Reviews > Sinful

Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone

I did some unthinkable things.
First of all, I never read Sinful up till now.

I know! Evil me!

But then I did something more wicked.
I hated it.
Yes, I confess!
I hated Sinful!
OMG!
Why,right?
Well,find out at your own peril:

(view spoiler)

My conclusion? CF is famous for her tragic mussing and I love her for it. But not here. Here, she just took a perfectly normal beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and social differences story and made it snowball in to a hard tragedy. And for what?
Beets me.
Even her dialogues after the big (view spoiler) revelation felt forced. So I can not even rate it high on her naturally good writing.
And you know what? This makes me sad.
I hope she does not continue in this direction.
After Addicted and Sinful I am staring to fret that she is going to use the 'love hurts' road in her other books.
(I liked Addicted,thou! Very good book!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sinful.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...] :( 1 star? Matthew deserves a 5 star. Now I'm going to cry because I love him. *sniffs*

Dinjolina Oh, but babe, I liked him. I hated what the author did ti them. And mostly him.I just could not stand it!

message 3: by .þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...] (last edited Sep 01, 2011 12:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...] Ok *sniffs* I get it, I hated it too that he had to go through such trauma in his life. You know there is a line he says and I added it in the quotes section, that why can't he have a little peace. Oh, it broke my heart. :( Still, he doesn't deserve a moron hero shelf or hero you wanted dead. :( But, if that's how you felt, what can I say.

Dinjolina I want to shake you now and make you see! :D
It was not about him.
It was all about the author.
When she made him really marry the eeeeevil ow I was somehow still on board but it already clashed with his character. The character I knew up till that point would have gone after Sarah and fought tooth and nail to make it all right.
But...then he started going 'Oh, when I have an heir everyhting will be fine and we will all live in la-la land' .
No. Just...no.
This hero?
He would not have sex with her.
Not after Miranda. And certainly not after Sara that was not loved enough, and hurt by a mother that was like his wife.
Just...no.
And it made no sense in general because his father needed the money, nothing else.
He would have been in need of an heir only when his father died. And when he died, this whole mar ridge thing had no point because he could have divorced her on the grounds that she was not a virgin and had lovers.
Ta-daaaam!
See? Seee!? :D
The author MADE him like...brain dead for big chunks of time and I felt like this alien is talking in his mind.

.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...] Oh well, good for you that you understood. I saw vulnerability and a need to save his daughter, thought he acted out of instinct. Anyway, I may have seen things differently than you and it's very normal. I've also read books that got 5 stars commonly but after reading it, I had no idea why people gave it 5 stars since I found nothing extraordinary. Doesn't matter. :)

Dinjolina Thnx. But it was kind of a rant...people en masse liked it. So eh..maybe you would to. I had a problem with the hero not only sleaping with the heron but also in love with her when he married the evil ow. Ok, i could have been ok with this if the reasons that made him marry her were legit. To em they were not. Also, he divorced her pronto after she gave birth to his kid. Again, a veeeery big wtf happened moment for me there.
I am a big fan of this author but I could not shake of the feeling that the whole middle of the novel was an alien implant :)

message 7: by Roksana (new)

Roksana I totally understand where you are coming from...the author really makes the redear totaly cheated when all throughout the entire book you get youself emotionally invested to the characters and just like that it all fell apart... the graphic scene in the end with his wife left me a bad tast in my mouth and I felt emotionally abused by the author.. it has damaged my trust in this author so no more books by her!