Sandra's Reviews > The Faerie Ring

The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton

Sep 29, 12

Read from September 26 to 29, 2012

I was sucked in right away when I started The Faerie Ring, which is a delightful little tale about a girl named Tiki who makes a living on the streets as a pickpocket along with a small ragtag group of friends she considers family. Together they live in an abandoned clock shop. When Tiki accidentally finds her way into Buckingham Palace, she pilfers a unique ring to hawk for some money, but little does she know it's an important ring calling a truce between the mortal and faerie world.

Kiki Hamilton creates a charming little world in The Faerie Ring, which takes place in 1870s London. It was interesting to go back in time through The Faerie Ring and read about the royals in Buckingham Palace and the grand parties they threw, as well as to take a look at the region and the no-so-rich who inhabited it.

Tiki was, by far, the best part of this book. She was spunky and independent and even though she had a love interest or two in the novel, she did not rely on a male to save her whatsoever. More than her spunk and independence, however, I loved her love for family. Tiki really teaches us that you don't have to be biologically related to be family and family important no matter what.

Of course, the plot on the whole was fantastic and is what kept me reading as it moved along at a fast clip. It was great learning about the faerie and their ring and how that impacted the human world. It was a wild goose chase between Tiki "finding" the ring and having to get it back to its rightful owners and I'm looking forward to learning more about it in the next book, The Broken Wing, which was released this past August.

Four stars! The Faerie Ring is a delightfully charming, light read that all fans of fantasy and fairy should enjoy. Also, if you're a fan of Oliver Twist you'll enjoy that novel's presence in The Faerie Ring and the parallels between the two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Faerie Ring.

09/26/2012 page 92