KatLynne's Reviews > Liberating Lacey

Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun

May 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads, g-erotic-romance, hero-alpha-warrior, hero-sheriff-ranger-police-or-pi, hero-to-die-for, heroine-i-loved, heroine-rich, keeper, kindle-owned, sensual-steamy, smokin-hot-steamy, younger-hero, cougar
Recommended to KatLynne by: Tammy & Dhestiny
Read from May 10 to 11, 2012 — I own a copy

This is a hot, sexy read!

I loved both the hero and heroine. Twenty-eight year old Hunter is a sexy as sin police officer and oh-my is he HOT! He loves his job, lives modestly, and most definitely is not in the market for a committed relationship. While we know he is a player, one of the things I liked is how the author never regaled us with his past lovers. He's gorgeous with the kind of compelling attractiveness and charm that instantly draws your eye and I felt I could "hear" his sexy voice. This charismatic man is simply out looking for a hook-up, sex with no strings attached.

Lacey Meyers is thirty-six years old and recently divorced. She's smart and sexy; a hard, dedicated worker and very successful in her business world. I found her to be compassionate, honest, courageous and unpretentious. She's definitely NOT a player! But...

Lacey married her college sweetheart and only lover at twenty one. Now, after fifteen years of marriage she finds herself divorced and wanting to meet "someone different." Very determined, she takes herself off to the trendiest nightclub in town that has a reputation of being the "best place to meet someone new."

And WOW, it wasn't long before these two meet and sizzle, crack and pop! No doubt here those pheromones are sending out super strong messages!

If you're looking for erotica, lots of sex without emotion, you won't find it here. It's not instant love but begins with one hundred percent sexual attraction! And from there this develops into a love story filled with emotion, tenderness, and newness. You won't be disappointed in the hot lovin' but your heart will become involved as you yearn for their HEA.

While I liked the ending, I did wish for an epilogue. I needed to know more about this couple! Also, the very first sex scene (view spoiler)

What I liked the most about this book is the heart. There is that deep sexual attraction that is palpable and AC gives lots of heated love scenes, but without a doubt, this is a love story. Knowing that, I look forward to reading more by this author.

Thanks to my GR friends Tammy, Dhestiny, and Baba and their great reviews that initially had me looking forward reading this. Since then, many more have urged me to give this one a try. Thank you ladies!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liberating Lacey.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Great review KatLynne. Lots of us mourned the lack of an epilogue - it really could have benefited from one.

KatLynne Becs wrote: "Great review KatLynne. Lots of us mourned the lack of an epilogue - it really could have benefited from one.

I loved this too - it was so emotionally written for erotic fiction. A definite winner."

Thanks Becs!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I loved your review, KatLynne. I still haven't read this book yet but I'm sure I'll love it. (To be honest, I worry when I read a book that's been so hyped because those are the books I go in with too high expectations and end up disappointed.)

KatLynne Baba wrote: "Great review, KatLynne!"

Thanks Baba!

KatLynne Kristen wrote: "I loved your review, KatLynne. I still haven't read this book yet but I'm sure I'll love it. (To be honest, I worry when I read a book that's been so hyped because those are the books I go in with ..."

Thanks Kristen! I am the same as you:) I had given this 3.5 stars but just moved my rating up to 4. Looking forward to your thoughts when you have a chance to read this one.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lovely review KatLynne! I agree, this book really had heart! I connected to the characters and loved them both! Just fantastic writing here :)

KatLynne Blacky *Must have HEA* wrote: "Lovely review KatLynne! I agree, this book really had heart! I connected to the characters and loved them both! Just fantastic writing here :)"

Thank you Blacky and I apologize! I'm just now seeing your post. I'll blame it on GR:)

Blacky *Romance Addict* LOL! It's OK, I know the GR notification system sucks :((((