Mirabelle's Reviews > Deadly Little Games

Sep 03, 11

bookshelves: fantasy-supernatural, mysteries
Read from August 29 to September 02, 2011, read count: 1

3.5 stars.

The mystery/suspense aspect of the series is always very well done. I was always kept guessing. It's the romance aspect I couldn't stand. I totally felt like it was a Twilight rip-off. There were total trust issues, aloofness on Ben's part, and overprotected-ness to the point where the whole relationship was unhealthy. I felt no spark or chemistry what's so ever. The romance was a big part of the plot, and since I just wasn't on board, it left the series feeling lacking.

I was also terribly frustrated with Camelia. It's been three novels now, and you still haven't learned that whenever something creepy is happening you SHOULD CALL THE POLICE? I was so annoyed with her. And with the author, I guess. I would have liked a more original way of having the plot move forward, and at the same time keeping Camelia logical.

I always thought this series was a trilogy, and now that I've discovered it isn't - I am still deciding to treat it as such. This will be the last one in the series for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Games.

09/02/2011 page 245