Kailia's Reviews > The Last Little Blue Envelope

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

Aug 29, 11

Read in January, 2011

After reading and loving 13 Little Blue Envelopes, I was super excited when I found out that Maureen Johnson was writing a sequel, to explain what had happened to the 13th little blue envelope.

The story begins with Ginny getting an e-mail from a guy named Oliver who tells her that he’s got the last envelope and she should come and get it from him. From the beginning, I knew that this book wasn’t going to have the light, “oh this is going to be a fun adventure” feel to it as it did with the first book. I was right. From the moment Ginny is back in England, things just didn’t feel all happy and fun; there was definite sadness and awkwardness going in with Ginny and Richard. The plot was rather slow (to me) yet it worked for this book. Obviously, it was repetitive from the first book but I did like how things changed for all the characters.

As for the characters, I didn’t like Keith a lot in this book and I felt that Ginny should have been more…up forward to him? I’m not sure what the right term would be. Ellis was another character I didn’t like and I’ve actually got no idea why I didn’t like her. She was just a character who I couldn’t stand…Oliver was rather interesting but I felt that I didn’t get to know him as well as I had hoped. Though he began to use Ginny for monetary gain, he changed by the end of the book and I got the feeling that he and Ginny might have something going on?

I think the overall ending was my favorite part. It felt like the most perfect ending to me for Ginny and Richard and everyone. I also loved Maureen Johnson for making Ginny stay there (if you’ve read the book, you know what I mean) and it also gave me the impression that Ginny and Oliver would be seeing each other more often!

If you read 13 Little Blue Envelopes, go and read this book now. If you haven’t delved into the first book, read them both. They’re both awesome and worth your time. Overall, The Last Little Blue Envelope ends Ginny’s journey in the most perfect way and place. It's sad, funny at times, heart warming, annoying at times, and just plain wonderful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Little Blue Envelope.