Reading Vacation's Reviews > Priscilla the Great: The Kiss of Life

Priscilla the Great by Sybil Nelson

Sep 01, 11

Read from August 29 to September 01, 2011

Priscilla comes from a family with a variety of superpowers. Priss can run really fast, she has super hearing, and she can shoot fire out of her fingers. HOT! Her brother, Josh, is a telepathic. Oh, and her little twin brothers, Chester and Charlie, haven’t gotten their powers yet, but they are a handful.

The main plot has to do with the ever present threat of the evil Selliwood Institute eliminating Priss’ family. It’s the subplots that really grabbed me though. Priss finds herself right in the middle of a crush triangle with Kyle and Marco. Kyle is her longtime friend who is not aware of her powers. Marco is the cute French mutant who she has an instant connection with. What’s a girl to do?

I was also drawn into the subplot involving Priss’ parents. Her dad is still in over-protective over-drive, but it just shows how much he cards. Her mom’s emotions range from snappy to happy at the snap of finger. It just goes to show that everyone deals with adversity differently.

The Kiss of Life is a light story with great characters and a twisty plot. There is a good deal of character development in such a short story, and I loved all the girl power that Priss exudes. Middle grade girls will really enjoy it.

4 Liked

This is a cover that shows off the main character very well. There is fire for Priss’ power, a heart for her crushes, and a pink kiss to remind us of girl power. Nicely done and it is a good match for the first book’s cover.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Priscilla the Great.

08/29/2011 page 1
100.0% "This book SIZZLES!!"