LaVenna's Reviews > Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons

Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik

Apr 25, 08

bookshelves: fiction
Read in April, 2008

This book went on and on and on and on:P I had a difficult time reading it. I was unable to relate to any of the characters. Kari was the only likeable personality, because she was simple, kind, and nurturing. The other characters had serious personality defects!
Merit disgusted me with her habit of stuffing used tissue, q-tips, and paper in her hairdo:( That was her way of getting back at her abusive husband, who had no idea she was doing this. I nearly puked when she saved these items and then showed them to her second husband! Yuck! Was anyone else bothered by this?
The character who disturbed me the most was Faith. I found her to be cold, jealous, and very controlling. She refused to be honest with herself or her friends and family. She was all about keeping up appearances. If she could feel superior to any of her friends, then she felt better about herself!
Pg. 218 "She had been a little jazzed at the beginning of the feud, because it was exciting to have two good friends mad at each other." What kind of friend enjoys the unhappiness of another?
Overall the book was tolerable I suppose:)
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

April JoAnne I have to say the character flaws was one of the main reason I loved this book. What kind of person is perfect? The fact that these women were so different but still friends despite their flaws was wonderful to me.
It was refreshing to read a book where the main characters were obviously not perfect! It was so much more real.

LaVenna I didn't find th

Jennifer Totally agree!!

Alyce Rocco Yes, I was horrified about a woman putting dirty tissues and such in her hair.
I think Faith was that way due to her childhood and once she told the truth about who she was, she changed. A real friend would not enjoy others unhappiness; but there are people like her in real life.

Megan Yas... I know Faith's problems were supposed to be about her terrible childhood, but she was so hateful and dull and really had no personality beyond "angsty," injured and and hateful.