Hope Frost's Reviews > My One and Only

My One and Only by Kristan Higgins

Aug 29, 11

Read in August, 2011

I rated this one more of a 3 1/2 but closer to 4 than 3. This book had a lot going for it. Harper was a quick witted attorney that was as cynical as the day is long. Her look on love and a lasting love was learned from her mother up and leaving on her 13th birthday. That is bound to have some affects on a girl. Nick is a good natured, loving and adorable architect that has worked his adult life to make something of himself. The banter between the two is hilarious. There are lots of outside stories also going on, Harper's dad and step-mother, plus her sister and Nick's brother, then you have a few different office personnel from each of them that get involved as well. I think my favorite secondary character is Carol, Harper's secretary. The parts I didn't really care for were the thought scenes. Some of them were just way to long, I ended up skimming more than I read during those parts. There were several typos that just started bugging me after a while and I started looking for them, which is never a good sign. That being said, I really did enjoy the story and getting to know this rather dysfunctional family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My One and Only.