Kyle Hajek's Reviews > The Count of Monte Cristo

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Count of Monte Cristo.

03/01/2012
1.0% "It's very, very long, I can tell, but... I just started and I already don't want it to end."
03/24/2012
3.0% "Crap... I think I need a different translation, mine got all word-salady."

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Ricci What is "word-salady?"

message 9: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Hajek All the sudden it just turned into gibberish for 5 or so pages. Like, not even coherent, just random words in the middle of sentences.

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine Ricci Kyle wrote: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_salad"

Oh. So, when are you getting a better translation?

message 6: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Hajek Yeah. Sometimes when you get a computer scan of an old book it has some hiccups. First I need to get my kindle fixed, though, since it's kind of hard to read on half a screen.

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Ricci Kyle wrote: "Yeah. Sometimes when you get a computer scan of an old book it has some hiccups. First I need to get my kindle fixed, though, since it's kind of hard to read on half a screen."

You could...I don't know...borrow a copy from the library. Of course, that would be far too easy and logical. ;-)

message 4: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Hajek And large. It's a huge book, I just want my nice, easy to hold in one hand, kindle.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Ricci *rolls eyes*

message 2: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Hajek Once you're hooked on the kindle it's really hard to go back. I think I need rehab...

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Ricci Kyle wrote: "Once you're hooked on the kindle it's really hard to go back. I think I need rehab..."

please. It's a matter of the mind. Just suck it up and pick it up from the library. Think of it as an excuse to get out of the house.