Olivia's Reviews > Tower of Parlen Min

Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, magic, 1-review-copies
Read in August, 2011

Review originally posted at Magical Books

Tower of Parlen Min opens up with a strong and mysterious prologue. A boy is sitting on a bus in the middle of the night. He's covered in blood, wearing other people's clothes and can't remember anything. Instatntly thousands of questions pop into my mind. These are the kinds of prologues I love. Exciting, mysterious and making you want to know everything about the characters and their story.

In the first chapter we get to know the boy when he has yet to experience the bus scene. His name is Ves Asirin, he's 11 years old, lives in an orphanage and has a very complex memory loss disorder. He gets to visit the famous inventor Jacobius Trent and participate in a competition called the Sword Challenge.

I really enjoyed this book. It has everything I love, fantasy creatures, puzzles, plot twists, actionfilled scenes and a lot of questions that you're dying to know the answers to.

I loved the idea of Ves' scrapbook that he filled with scetches and pictures of things and people to remember them. You were introduced to a lot of different people at the same time, but it was easy to keep track of just the most important ones. I adored Ves' friend Tammi, who nobody really liked because they thought that she's a witch. And the twins Andy and Anry we're so much fun.

The ending was epic with lots of plot twists and chocking answers on lots of questions. And it ends with a wonderful cliffhanger that leaves you craving the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tower of Parlen Min.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

(Benji) The Non Reluctant Reader I read this one for the author blog tour, I really liked it but too many errors!

Olivia I got it for review as well. And yes, there was a lot of errors, but that's what you often get when you read self published books ..