Shannon 's Reviews > Rae: My True Story of Fear, Anxiety, and Social Phobia

Rae by Chelsea Rae Swiggett

Sep 04, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from September 03 to 04, 2011

When I was contacted about being part of a tour for Rae by Chelsea Swiggett, I knew I had to do it. This book has a message that needs to be heard.

I am so sad that anyone's life ever has to be this hard. Rae has serious anxiety struggles. She tells of being teased growing up and had trouble making friends. Reading about how hard her childhood was very difficult for me. I remember being in middle and high school and though I was teased on occasion; it was nothing like she endured. I have a daughter now and to think that she could go through the same torment and struggle breaks my heart to pieces.

The best thing about this book for me is the thought that someone who struggles with the same things and feels alone can read her story and know that they are not. I think it is so important for us all to share these things so that others can reach out and find hope. Knowing that you are not the only one has to feel like a bit of a weight lifted. I have had my moments with social anxiety but they have never been to the extent that Rae described. Rae is so courageous to share her personal story.

BOTTOM LINE: A raw and honest memoir about anxiety.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rae.

09/03/2011 page 98