Laura's Reviews > The Well of Ascension

The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson

Aug 29, 2011

bookshelves: assassins, best-main-character, destiny-fate, fantasy, fantasy-creatures, favorite-series, for-reading-challenges, other-worlds, own-book, reviewed, thieves, witches-sorcerors-magic
Read from October 12 to December 01, 2011

There are few words for how much I have enjoyed reading the first two Mistborn books. There’s something about the characters that feel so real to me. I think the first book was an easier read mostly because this one has a lot of politics and there are multiple factions to follow and keep track of. And yet, even while being in a fantasy world, filled with magic and creatures, there is something very real about the struggles and the conflicts.

And the climax of this novel was insane. There is so much going on, and we get points of views from so many different characters, and yet it was all easy to follow. The first book was primarily (or exclusively, I can’t remember) told through Kelsier and Vin. In this book we get chapters from just about every main character.

Loved this book, loved how the characters grew and all were explored a little more, and even the battles. I often find battles boring to read because I’d much rather just watch it, but I loved reading these fights.

Considering how this second one ended, I can’t wait to see how it all gets resolved in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Well of Ascension.

Quotes Laura Liked

Brandon Sanderson
“It was amazing how many books one could fit into a room, assuming one didn't want to move around very much.”
Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension